Chapter III
Lord Richard and Alfred were crossing the beautiful lands that Eilean Donan was surrounding. They visited the small settlement, the farms that were placing in the surroundings of the Castle, and rose to the wavy hills from where they could spy the limits of his lands with the MacKay. - father, finally we obtain for what so much you were longing. Eilean Donnan soon it will be yours. - son, still we do not have in our hand anything. Still we have not proposed the marriage him to Stephanie. And it does not seem to me that it is very ready. If he was not agreeing, I do not believe that they force her to marry you. Then though it would be possible that the post was obtaining, if Steph was marrying other one … And it is more, I am afraid that the idiot of the major son of the Marquess of Sutherland, being afraid that they are blamed for the murder of your uncle, tries to demonstrate, to avoid the war, which they were not they. And it is possible that it obtains it. Still there are many ropes and then the things would be complicated very much for us. I know to certain science that they do not want any spilling of blood, and for it they will be arranged to everything. William is a perspicacious and intelligent boy who will not be late a lot of time in realizing, and it would be fatal for us … Already you have noticed that we do not enjoy the sharm of the populace and … - what father imports it! - Alfred interrupted him hast - they will never suspect that you were you. Nobody has the value to face yourself. I do not believe that you should worry. - still you have much that to learn - cut harshly - do not be stupid, Alfred. Did not you realize how the people of the village was looking at us? My own people - it added driven to despair - .Ése in that I was born and grew up, always it has rejected me. My brother was the favorite for all. And the people never forget … - the resentment was obvious in his words - there worries Malcom … us would have to be waste of him. Even many ends stay for tying … - it is the Advice who decides, not the people. You for being the only surviving brother of the former chief of the clan have rights. And Stephanie is only a little woman easy to handle. Leave me to this bitch me … - it added taking the back of the hand to him to his wounded cheek - And of this another matter, do not worry. I deal. - have care with your premium. Do what you want with it, but discreet. It is a wild animal that my brother consented and impolite. Always it did what gave to him the desire. And it is capable of the plans getting cross … - already I know that it will not be easy to tame it, but ultimately I will obtain it and it will be mine. - this obsession that you take as she can bring his problems. My intention is that if he agrees to marry with we you remove ourselves of in way in all that the marriage is consumed … And if he does not agree, it will be better than us let's undo of her before it gives us more problems - he said indicating the brand of the face to him. - father, you are not going to leave me a lot of time to enjoy her - Alfred answered between malicious laughs. Lord Richard said to him responsibly - son, you will never change. I you warn that this time will not be easy to extract you of the problems about which you think to get. We play ourselves very much and I am not ready to resign what is mine … not at least for you … You deal … Have care, or, this time, I will not be there. I you swear it. Both continued with his tour for the extensive hills of beeches and heather in a deep silence, each one absorbed in his own machinations. As soon as they came to the castle, they went to the lounge of weapon. Stephanie was doing labors, thing that there disconcerted on way to lord Richard who was imagining it disoriented and lost, which had been very beneficial for his plans. The relation between uncle and niece had never been even cordial, but for I respect his father Steph always I try to be prudent. But happened the previous night with Alfred, it gave to him the justification and the value to face them openly. - you has walk turned out to be pleasant? - she said in ironic tone. - dear niece, you do not imagine how much … one had forgotten me what was to walk along our lands. - now that my father is not do not be going to believe that anything of this you belongs - he said startled. Similar affirmation was the last thing that was ready to allow. - I am not going to hide any more the rejection than me you cause, so I will be brief - it got up stopping to fall to the soil what it was doing with racket and it looked at it abreast, facing him. - I know that you are suffered by the life because you were not any more than the segundón, because my father was the first-born one and for right he was the inheritor. But you were never at a height of your brother and it makes me happy to be I who dares to say it to you. - and what more you know, snivelling. Do not be if it should slap you for so many impudence or to be ashamed of how you malcrió my brother, but probably he did not also have the fault of having stopped as the only descent to a daughter old maid and insolently. Of all forms I like that you show your letters so openly. You are so stupidly beautiful as your mother, and it, I have to confess, it provokes an immense pleasure … - do not dare to mention my mother - he answered Stephanie rushing on with the elevated hand. Lord Richard did not have any difficulty in avoiding the aggression. In one to persist and to open of eyes Steph could prevent it her, from holding lewdly at a height of the chest. - what faeces? I do not touch you … You are more despicable than your son … - know that you do not have loophole, so it would advise you not to put the most difficult things. - you are not so sure. Still it is not quite above mentioned. Let me go ¡ - he said while it was trying to get away from the arms of his uncle. - Ja, ja, ja, - Richard laughed lord pressing his embrace - there is no dear doubt, which you smell like your mother. Though she if that was the whole female … - joked humiliating furthermore the disoriented Steph. - wanted only you have a few months … then the Advice it will give I dress well to my plans. And you know well that I have some devout, childhood friends, who will make them everything asks for how much … and you … alone you are the insolent ungrateful one - have elegant uncle. You do not know of what I am capable … do not know of what it is capable a woman when it him is not afraid of anything - said Stephanie extricating itself of the embrace of his uncle of a push. - I know that you want that I marry Alfred, am not so silly as you think. But it will never happen, before I wish the death! . - care occupies first place with what you wish that it is possible to expire - Alfred said while one was bringing him over cunningly. Stephanie noticed as his body it was tightened instinctively on having recognized the dirty look of his cousin. It could not support the alone idea of feeling it nearby - this should have made great before - it raised his right hand and slapped him energetically. Alfred remained paralyzed, looking as his father it was approaching big strides the young woman. - Be which are your intentions … you me will not be able to cheat me … - he answered out of yes. - in addition I am sure that the Mackay did not kill my father and fodder his uncle verified the one who did it … In this moment lost completely the composure, rushing with fierceness on her. - it knew that you would give us problems, fox! - it exclaimed shaking her with brutality. Stephanie it was trying with bravery to get away from the claws of his uncle increasingly off balance. - it is the last time that you threaten me, small dog. - shouted him giving to him for drink a strong punch that made her unconscious. Alfred had remained petrified. It had never seen his father to lose this way the control. Unsteady still it dared to ask: - father, now what are we going to do? Why have you stuck it? - There asked Alfred who was not going out of his amazement. - he listens … - it answered Richard cut off trying to recover the calmness - … now, the first thing … I will take Her to his room and we will keep her enclosed there, until we know what to do with her … - what will we say? They will ask for her, father. - While I raise it, it traverses and looks for Martha. Say that it is ... lost heart, and on having fallen down it has been struck … in the head … Ah! And make call Eduard Steward, he will help us - Sir Richard ordered his son recovering little by little the breath and the composure. Alfred was running to looking for Martha to the kitchens his father had ordered him. Still very altered by the happened, it called to the order to M. and did that one of the servants of the castle was to looking for Eduard Steward. Martha went hurriedly to Steph's bedroom being afraid for her, and forgetting completely his position, it separated sharply Lord Richard demanding explanations. - What has happened? My poor girl! - It Exclaimed embracing - ¿ one gave a blow? … How? ...-ask surprised - my girl, my poor girl! - He was sorry. - We do not know … Martha … - stunned before the slightly respectful attitude of the maid - … we were discussing and suddenly … It fell, being struck strongly against the soil … - it added titubeante - do not be able to be! … - thinking loudly it commented - … these days of suffering for the death of my gentleman … Without eating … Without resting … do not be, do not be … but will it put on good, truth? - very distressed Martha asked. - do not worry, - added butcher - Alfred already has taken charge of everything. It has made call a good great knowledgeable friend of mine of these things. - … I will make him slightly warm and soft to eat … it Must take something - loss in his thoughts said between repetitive movements of head without giving many attention to his words - my poor girl … has not looked after herself at all during these days … - yes - he concluded incisively - Go and prepare something for him. Both went out of the room.-Martha, from now the room of my niece it will remain closed.
I do not want that anybody bothers her under any concept. We do not know what happens to him. It might be some contagious disease. And we would not like that they all were falling down afflicted by the same evil - he said in a tone that it sounded to threat - So to avoid any problem after you close the door it will have to deliver me the key. - but milord! He will need taken care and I want to be I who gives them to him. - Martha answered with decision, feeling that something was not good. - do not worry because of it. It will receive all the attentions that it needs, Martha - and with a tone furthermore incisive it continued with his speech - We will Be my son and I who we attend to her from the same instant. Does it remain clear? - but … - he answered without daring to continue. It knew that lord Richard was bringing slightly in hands, but she could not do anything. Only it was a sirviente. - there is nothing to discuss. Close the door and deliver me the key, please. Also the teacher, did not want to take any surprise to me. It is for his own safety - he said to him authoritarian.-Milord, I go entrusting me of the keys all my life and the gentlemen have never had a complaint does he believe that I go to do something that was not permitted? - I believe that it is quite above mentioned. Deme the main key and that of Lady Stephanie's room. I do not consent him that he me answers. Martha I do not continue insisting, since it knew that lord Richard was not good enemy and there might be very prompt the new chief of the Clan and of Eilean Donan, so it yielded to his request lowering visibly the head in clear attitude of submission; but everything seemed to him to be very strange. It closed the door and delivered him the keys. From this moment Steph it was remaining defenseless at the mercy of his relatives. Poor creature!
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario